Saturday, May 27, 2006

Our theme song tonight . . .

In a sentimental mood
I can see the stars come through my room
While your loving attitude
Is like a flame that lights the gloom

I figure at the very least I'll share some songs and some poems -- few to none actually written by myself (I wish!) -- knock around a few ideas, kick the gong around, get swinging!

Yeah, there's Duke Ellington playing in the background as I'm typing this. Why do you ask?

On the wings of every kiss
Drifts a melody so strange and sweet
In this sentimental bliss
You make my paradise complete

Music and poetry and other assorted creative stuff does take up some of my time. I only wish it could be more but real life is neither very musical nor very creative. That's just the way it goes.

Rose petals seem to fall
It's all I could dream to call you mine
My heart's a lighter thing
Since you made this night a thing divine

In a sentimental mood
I'm within a world so heavenly
For I never dreamt that you'd be loving sentimental me

One can always hope. :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home