Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Say it with music

Today, like every other day, we wake up empty
and frightened. Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
-- Rumi


As I'm sure you've gathered from my first forays here, music is an important part of my life. I rank it up there with other frivolities such as dark chocolate, single malt scotch, and oxygen.

(Right this second I'm listening to Wes Montgomery play the hell out of "Golden Earrings" and I tell you, it's so damn good. Yes, you can get it off of iTunes if you have no idea what I'm talking about.)

I hope over time to tell you about the music and the experiences and the people, most of all the people who have made me the musician I am -- and the one I still hope to be -- and why that's meaningful. Wes can 'splain it to you too.

Jenny

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you started posting this. I've always been interested in your journey into the field of musicianship and I anxiously await the rest of the series.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home