Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I been gone a bit. Didja miss me?

New year, new resolutions, new beginnings.

Hopefully not the same old shit.
(Probably some new shit instead.)

Just cranked in the New Year right by scaring away the evil spirits that hover between heaven and earth on this night -- for this house it's the World War II air raid siren my late stepfather got from god knows where.

Courtesy of the Home Office, it is.




New Year's Resolution #1: Learn how to format these photos better.

In the meantime, isn't that the neatest little noisemaker you ever saw?

When everyone else was watching balls drop and etc. I was cranking this thing as hard as it could go.

Of course at the same time there was also a considerable amount of gunfire going on in my neighborhood but this did slow them down for a second or two as people anxiously scanned the skies for German aircraft.

I'm reasonably satisfied I scared away any evil spirits as well as any potential Jerries in the 2009 southern skies, so we're off to a good start.

2 Comments:

Blogger Firehand said...

Damn, if my son found something like that he'd mount it in the back of the jeep he's rebuilding when back in-country.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Ride Fast said...

That is one of the coolest things to have imaginable. Keep it in shape by using it regularly. Heh.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home