Sunday, July 30, 2006

Deluxe Vaudeville Whizbang

I nearly typed "Whizband," which also would have worked. :)

Once we got past the movie crew setting up for their night shoot (including having craft service a few yards from the auditorium where the band was playing), things went fine. Apparently there is some horror flick being shot in Candler Park right now and the Horizon School is home base. (I will refrain from the jokes, they write themselves, I refuse to shoot fish in a barrel).

For those who made it, it was a hell of a show. It was mostly old friends of the band, some on stage, some not. It was good music and juggling and jokes and some tears and lots of fun.

I'm sorry you missed it. Stay tuned for the next DVO show; you'll probably hear about it here. I appreciate great music and struggling artists and vaudeville and torturing the public ("I've suffered for my art, now it's your turn") so you'll have to endure the occasional commercial here.

In the meantime, go buy a CD:

The Deluxe Vaudeville Orchestra:

Lenny Deluxe: Main Squeeze

DVO vocalist Janet "Bombola" Metzger also has a CD for sale -- and another one coming out very soon, recorded at Atlanta's own Churchill Grounds.

And you can also hear samples of the DVO and the fabulous Lenny Deluxe from the DVO site: http://home.earthlink.net/~deluxevaudeville/media/wtell.mp3

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Pity I'm so far away, I might have enjoyed that.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Only if you appreciate The William Tell Overture on accordion. Brought down the house.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home