Monday, August 07, 2006

It's all about elegance.

Got some checks from the printers that service my bank today and they had a little flyer tucked in showing new offerings in checkwriting.

First off it seems counterproductive to do this; you just GOT checks, you're not gonna say "Oh god, I could have Latin Landscapes, what the hell was I thinking!" and just throw them in the shredder and ask for more. (Well, I'm not, anyway.)

And some of the choices are just . . .

It's page after page of "elegant." "FREE elegant lettering." Checks with American scenes. Checks with dolphins, with cats, with dogs, with babies, with Snoopy . . . elegant racetracks, elegant angels, even. . .

and then I turned the page.

You can do your banking with that fine financial professional Mr. Potato Head.

MR. POTATO HEAD.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either.

I'm sure it says a lot about someone who pays their bills with Mr. Potato Head; I'm not exactly sure what.

No thanks. I'm holding out for "My Little Pony."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in luck!!! Not only can you order "My Little Pony" checks, you can get matching labels, address cards AND a check book wallet cover!! Hasbro™ 2004

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=16037

Of course, you may be wishing for the classic "Pony" of your youth.
SP

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Actually the classic pony of my youth was "My Friend Flicka." Which no doubt dates me back to the Stone Age. Which makes me wonder: Can you get the Flintstones on your checks?

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home